23 March 2021
Posted By Vidhik Shiksha
BPSC Preparation 2021: Syllabus, Tips, and Strategy
What is BPSC Exam:
BPSC is a state-level civil services exam for recruitment of posts such as Sub Divisional Officer, Rural Development Officer, Bihar Education Service, etc. The aim of the BPSC exam is to recruit applicants for civil service jobs under the state administration of Bihar. This article includes details about eligibility criteria, exam patterns, and BPSC Preparation tips and strategies.
BPSC Preparation Eligibility Criteria:
- The eligibility criteria for Bihar civil service exam is notified by the BPSC. The BPSC eligibility criteria defines the age limit and educational qualification of the candidates.
- The aspirants for BPSC preparation need to have a graduation or equivalent degree from a government recognized university.
- The age limit for candidates for BPSC is as follows:
=> The lower age limit for candidates for those preparing for the BPSC exam is 18 years.
=>The upper age limit for general (male) is 37 years, general (females) and OBC candidates are 40 years and for SC & ST the age limit is 42 years.
- The aspirants have to be permanent residents of India.
Structure and Exam Pattern of BPSC exam:
The BPSC Exam is conducted in three stages:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains (Exam)
It is very important for the candidates preparing for the BPSC preparation to understand the exam pattern in a clear manner. Once you have a clear understanding of the question paper pattern it’s easier to cover the syllabus.
Preliminary Exam :
The exam pattern for the BPSC preliminary exam is objective type. The BPSC exam paper duration is 2 hours and carries a total of 150 marks.
BPSC mains exam pattern includes four papers i.e. General Hindi, General Studies Paper 1 & 2, and Optional paper.
BPSC Preparation Syllabus:
BPSC Preliminary Exam Syllabus:
|BPSC Preliminary Exam Syllabus||Topics|
1. General Science
2. Events of national and international importance
3. History of Bihar and Indian History
5. Geography of Bihar
6. Indian Polity and Economy
7. Changes in the economy of Bihar post-independence
8. Indian National Movement and the Role of Bihar
9. General Mental Ability
BPSC Mains Exam Syllabus:
|BPSC Mains Exam Syllabus||Topics|
Essay – 30 marks
Grammar – 30 marks
Syntax – 25 marks
Precis/Summary – 15 marks
|General Studies 1|
Modern History of India
Contemporary events of national and international importance
Statistical Analysis, diagrams and graphs
|General Studies 2|
Indian (and Bihar) Polity
Indian (and Bihar) Economy
Indian (and Bihar) Geography
Role and impact of Science and Technology in the development of India (and Bihar)
Selection Process Of BPSC Exam:
- The selection process of the BPSC exam is based on the preliminary exam, main exam, and interview. Candidates who qualify for the prelims are eligible for the mains exam.
- For the final selection of the BPSC exam, the marks of the mains exam and interview are noted conclusively.
BPSC Preparation: Tips and Strategy
Every candidate has a different way of understanding and preparing, although they all have to follow the same syllabus. It becomes very essential for candidates to prepare for the BPSC exam in a suitable manner to crack the exam. Here are some tips and strategies that will help candidates for BPSC preparation.
- Make complete notes on major topics such as history, culture, geography, and language of Bihar. These notes will help you in the revision.
- Learn more about the map of Bihar, India, and the world.
- Analyze your writing speed and preparation with the practice test series. It helps you to improve your speed and minimize errors.
- After completing each topic, test your knowledge with a quiz. BPSC quiz covers questions and helps you revise and prepare in a more comprehensive manner.
- Previous years’ question papers help you to understand the pattern of the exam and give you an overview of the kind of questions that will be asked in the exam.
- Candidates should have strong basic knowledge of all the subjects. You have to make sure that you study basic books like NCERT.
- You must have a good knowledge of the current affairs sections. You must read newspapers daily to know about the latest topics and affairs.
Check out the above video delivered by MJ sir. This video lecture will help you to know about the Bihar judicial services exam, its syllabus, and how to prepare for the exam.